Friday, March 03, 2006

Are we living in a "civilized" society or ...

Just yesterday(Thursday) morning, I was on my way to college around 7 something and got caught in the usual jam over at Old Klang Road. However, this was no ordinary day. While I was using that road, a taxi(Taxi 1) was right in front of me and we were moving very slowly until... *KRASH* he did not slow down and made a permanent mould of his vehicle's head on the taxi(Taxi 2) just right in front of him. Instead of going down and settle it mano-a-mano like the usual drama-filled "negotiations" by the side of the road, Taxi 2 just continued on without so much a wink. I presume that he must be renting that taxi and couldn't care less about it or maybe he's just shock resistant, I don't know.

Anywayz, Taxi 1's driver waved his hand out of the window, apologising profusely to Taxi 2 who was no more than a dot now. As I waited for his vehicle to start moving again, I was greeted by not the exhaust fumes coming out of his vehicle, but rather, a horrendous sight that I thought no longer existed in this civilized society. The man put on his hazard lights and just remained rooted on that spot and grabbed a handful of his(I assume to be) wife's hair (who was sitting next to him in the front passenger seat) and proceeded to BANG her head against the front passenger window a couple of times as I moved to the next lane. The taxi's sideview mirror said it all to me, I saw the lady's face remained emotionless, or as if this is just another of those days.

I'm pretty sure you would be asking by now, did I do anything to put a stop to it? I WISH I DID. You see, as I moved on to the next lane, that shocking sight did not register to me until a few seconds later as I was driving away from that scene. When I regained my composure, I thought of taking down the taxi's number plate by looking at the rear-view mirror, but alas, it was not to be, I was too far. That incident really shook me up and left me rather shocked for most of the journey. Now, I live with guilt because if I am given a second chance to relive that moment, I would have done something to stop it or at the very least tried to call the police or something. I feel for that woman. I really do. I just hope that someone else on that road saw that incident and put a stop to it and she would, I hope, be safe and away from that beast that should not be called a man.

What would you have done should you be in the same situation as me in the near future?

4 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Al-mu Syahrisyawal Ahmad said...

My God...

I'd be the same man.. I'll froze...

I wont believe my eyes.. That is just outright uncivilized!!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger krysXOXO said...

omg, that's like bad. Dont worry mk, some things are just out of our control. but its good though, that you thought of stopping that horrendous action. :)

good bless mk.....and me. tsk tsk.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger exiledbrother said...

thanks guys..
honestly..i hate that guy to my very guts now

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger fishtail said...

Incredible. And the lady just sat there like it was another one of those days? Another one of those bangs? Gee, can't imagine what he does to her at home...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home